While a marathon may be an experience of individual triumph, our experience of last year’s terror remains collective. From near misses to eyewitnesses, our lesson should be how well connected we are. We count among our friends the fallen and heroes, and those left puzzling how their schoolmate “Zack” could have gone so wrong. Despite subsequent efforts of some to appropriate “Boston Strong” as a mere brand, it is both through our celebration of individual striving and shared determination that we remain strong this year.
Next ClassDonation-Based Community Yoga at Sangha Yoga CollectiveJune 22nd, 2013Now!
Tagsactivism Anusara autumn ayurveda balance Being bhakti Boston Marathon Buddhism Celtic soul change Chuang Tzu cleanse community Connecticut controversy courage dialectics Elephant Journal environment Exquisite Love facebook Gandhi Garrison Keillor Grace gratitude health humor injury inspiration Joanna Macy John Friend journey joy kirtan light love meditation Merton mindfulness mothers music nature Newtown nonviolence personal change poetry politics positive thinking quotations Rilke rituals Robert Bly Sandy Hook seasons social change social media sociology solitude Solstice Spring Summer tantra teaching the self transformation Unitarian Universalism walk water winter workshop Writer's Almanac writing yoga YogiDetox
- “Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning...” tmblr.co/ZzKIUy2BIat8eposted: 2 hours ago
- “When the satisfaction or the security of another person becomes as significant to one’s own...” tmblr.co/ZzKIUy2BIMV5Dposted: 4 hours ago
- Getting it Done: Notes on Student Fritters - I realize that all of the time I spent on Tumblr this morning... tmblr.co/ZzKIUy2BIC-stposted: 5 hours ago
- “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well...” tmblr.co/ZzKIUy2BI9SNrposted: 6 hours ago
- “I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.” - Jewish Proverb (via purplebuddhaproject) tmblr.co/ZzKIUy2BI5DVvposted: 6 hours ago