While a marathon may be an experience of individual triumph, our experience of last year’s terror remains collective. From near misses to eyewitnesses, our lesson should be how well connected we are. We count among our friends the fallen and heroes, and those left puzzling how their schoolmate “Zack” could have gone so wrong. Despite subsequent efforts of some to appropriate “Boston Strong” as a mere brand, it is both through our celebration of individual striving and shared determination that we remain strong this year.
Next ClassDonation-Based Community Yoga at Sangha Yoga CollectiveJune 22nd, 2013Now!
Tagsactivism Anusara autumn ayurveda balance Being bhakti Boston Marathon Buddhism Celtic soul change Chuang Tzu cleanse community Connecticut controversy courage dialectics Elephant Journal environment Exquisite Love facebook Gandhi Garrison Keillor Grace gratitude health humor injury inspiration Joanna Macy John Friend journey joy kirtan light meditation Merton mindfulness mothers music nature Newtown nonviolence personal change poetry politics positive thinking quotations Rilke rituals Robert Bly Sandy Hook seasons social change social media sociology solitude Solstice Spring Summer tantra teachers teaching the self transformation Unitarian Universalism walk water winter workshop Writer's Almanac writing yoga YogiDetox
- I know people for whom art is very therapeutic, and it has been suggested by at least one of them that yoga is my... fb.me/FJ3jtIUEposted: 17 hours ago
- How creating art helped me. consideredkula.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/how…posted: 17 hours ago
- I just used Shazam to discover I Melt With You by Modern English. shz.am/t10030661posted: 17 hours ago
- My yoga practice grew up alongside my return to teaching. This fall, I attended the annual conference of the... fb.me/6TuJ1zkwLposted: 18 hours ago
- Mindfulness-based meditation to decrease stress and anxiety in college students: A narrative synthesis of… consideredkula.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/min…posted: 18 hours ago