While a marathon may be an experience of individual triumph, our experience of last year’s terror remains collective. From near misses to eyewitnesses, our lesson should be how well connected we are. We count among our friends the fallen and heroes, and those left puzzling how their schoolmate “Zack” could have gone so wrong. Despite subsequent efforts of some to appropriate “Boston Strong” as a mere brand, it is both through our celebration of individual striving and shared determination that we remain strong this year.
Next ClassDonation-Based Community Yoga at Sangha Yoga CollectiveJune 22nd, 2013Now!
Tagsactivism Anusara autumn ayurveda balance Being bhakti Boston Marathon Buddhism Celtic soul change Chuang Tzu cleanse community Connecticut controversy courage dialectics Elephant Journal environment Exquisite Love facebook Gandhi Garrison Keillor Grace gratitude health humor injury inspiration Joanna Macy John Friend journey joy kirtan light love meditation Merton mindfulness mothers music nature Newtown nonviolence personal change philosophy poetry politics positive thinking quotations Rilke rituals Robert Bly Sandy Hook seasons social change social media sociology solitude Spring Summer tantra teaching the self transformation Unitarian Universalism walk water winter workshop Writer's Almanac writing yoga YogiDetox
- It's good to have the commute dialed in within a week of the new semester, to get rockstar parking, and be... swarmapp.com/c/hYLci7TZNX8posted: 1 day ago
- “You do not become a “dissident” just because you decide one day to take up this most unusual career....” tmblr.co/ZzKIUy2HWVMb5posted: 2 days ago
- #blivet 🎶 & hospitality (@ Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Andover - @uucia in Andover, MA) swarmapp.com/c/fUryCI5cpWpposted: 2 days ago
- Trains impacted by heavy ridership ahead of Boston march wcvb.com/article/trains…posted: 3 days ago
- Marked as to-read: Why Civil Resistance Works by Erica Chenoweth goodreads.com/review/show/18…posted: 3 days ago