While a marathon may be an experience of individual triumph, our experience of last year’s terror remains collective. From near misses to eyewitnesses, our lesson should be how well connected we are. We count among our friends the fallen and heroes, and those left puzzling how their schoolmate “Zack” could have gone so wrong. Despite subsequent efforts of some to appropriate “Boston Strong” as a mere brand, it is both through our celebration of individual striving and shared determination that we remain strong this year.
Next ClassDonation-Based Community Yoga at Sangha Yoga CollectiveJune 22nd, 2013Now!
Tagsactivism Anusara autumn ayurveda Being bhakti Boston Marathon Buddhism Celtic soul change Chuang Tzu cleanse community Connecticut controversy courage dialectics Elephant Journal emotions environment Exquisite Love facebook Gandhi Garrison Keillor Grace gratitude health humor injury inspiration Joanna Macy John Friend journey joy kirtan light meditation Merton mindfulness mothers music nature Newtown nonviolence personal change poetry politics positive thinking quotations Rilke rituals Robert Bly Sandy Hook seasons social change social media sociology solitude Solstice Spring Summer tantra teachers teaching the self transformation Unitarian Universalism video walk water winter workshop Writer's Almanac writing yoga
- We just won the biggest victory in the history of the Internet. #NetNeutrality wins! battleforthenet.com http://t.co/Cx0yLLPvmJposted: 7 hours ago
- We did it Gromit, hooray! I'm done with classes for the week, and picking up the #looseends (@ Starbucks) swarmapp.com/c/hdkLVrq4t8Vposted: 8 hours ago
- #NowPlaying John Finbury - A Chama Verde (via @SongTweeterApp) Night for Day benefit jazz @UUCiA on 3/28 #earworm http://t.co/QUnf4Ch00eposted: 17 hours ago
- How did I miss this cover? – ♫Pressure Drop by @thespecials, from #SoundHound bit.ly/1jaX8MRposted: 1 day ago
- URGENT: 1 day until the FCC's vote on #NetNeutrality and Congress is trying to derail it. Join the #InternetCountdown battleforthenet.com/countdownposted: 1 day ago