I long for a time in the future when posts like Debra Dean Murphy’s, “dense with ideas and historical and literary references” (as she described the three to four hour political speeches of Lincoln’s day) would be more common. Indeed, it is one reason I have tried to explore here, in this blog, longer form blogging than I seem to do on my Tumblog. The time had long since arrived that our society has needed to really hammer things out, rather than dance around throwing soundbites as if they were punches. In the course of deciding things of import, many retreat, disgusted, rather than engage, informed. In any case, this is among the more insightful commentary I have read on the political scandals du jour, and hope you enjoy it, too.
Next ClassDonation-Based Community Yoga at Sangha Yoga CollectiveJune 22nd, 2013Now!
Tagsactivism Anusara autumn ayurveda balance Being bhakti Boston Marathon Buddhism Celtic soul change Chuang Tzu cleanse community Connecticut controversy courage dialectics Elephant Journal environment Exquisite Love facebook Gandhi Garrison Keillor Grace gratitude health humor injury inspiration Joanna Macy John Friend journey joy kirtan light love meditation Merton mindfulness mothers music nature Newtown nonviolence personal change philosophy poetry politics positive thinking quotations Rilke rituals Robert Bly Sandy Hook seasons social change social media sociology solitude Spring Summer tantra teaching the self transformation Unitarian Universalism walk water winter workshop Writer's Almanac writing yoga YogiDetox
- Black lentil soup with cauliflower and pineapple, and an especially spicy golden spice latté with tiger nut milk. swarmapp.com/c/3pAm0YwAbR7posted: 16 hours ago
- #yoga (@ Yoga Sakti in Salem, MA) swarmapp.com/c/2B4v3uxHtDpposted: 17 hours ago
- Cardamom, Ginger, & Rose Women's Health Tonic Recipe | Banyan Botanicals pinterest.com/pin/7768716230…posted: 1 day ago
- Hot roadie. (at @FrobiesCafe and Ice cream Parlor in Dracut, MA) swarmapp.com/c/ab3SLLMrCtcposted: 1 day ago
- Bruce Springsteen and Joe Grushecky release anti-Trump anthem "That's What Makes Us Great" ti.me/2otXzWT #noted .@realDonaldTrumpposted: 2 days ago