While a marathon may be an experience of individual triumph, our experience of last year’s terror remains collective. From near misses to eyewitnesses, our lesson should be how well connected we are. We count among our friends the fallen and heroes, and those left puzzling how their schoolmate “Zack” could have gone so wrong. Despite subsequent efforts of some to appropriate “Boston Strong” as a mere brand, it is both through our celebration of individual striving and shared determination that we remain strong this year.
Next ClassDonation-Based Community Yoga at Sangha Yoga CollectiveJune 22nd, 2013Now!
Tagsactivism Anusara autumn ayurveda Being bhakti Boston Marathon Celtic soul change Chuang Tzu cleanse community Connecticut controversy courage dialectics Elephant Journal emotions environment Exquisite Love facebook fall Gandhi Garrison Keillor Grace gratitude health humor injury inspiration Joanna Macy John Friend journey joy kirtan light Merton mindfulness mothers music nature Newtown nonviolence personal change poetry politics positive thinking quotations Rilke rituals Robert Bly Sandy Hook seasons social change social media sociology solitude Solstice Spring Summer tantra teachers teaching technology the self transformation Unitarian Universalism video walk water winter workshop Writer's Almanac writing yoga
- Through November, bring a friend or coworker to yoga for free! fb.me/1HvxsaVcJposted: 19 hours ago
- Marilyn Manson - Bowling For Columbine This is a fairly articulate critique of our fear-driven medi pinterest.com/pin/7768716229…posted: 20 hours ago
- Noontime Nourish: Bring a Coworker to Yoga! fb.me/3mKTgWfTRposted: 22 hours ago
- Video: Bill Nye The Science Guy Intro Just for people like Governors Chris Christie and Andrew Cuomo who... tmblr.co/ZzKIUy1UJJ92Nposted: 1 day ago
- Wuuutttttt??? Pumpkin Pie Hummus with Baked Cinnamon "Sugar" Tortilla Chips - Healthy, Easy and tast pinterest.com/pin/7768716229…posted: 1 day ago